Thursday, January 19, 2006

ESPN.com bug report

What I sent them a few minutes ago:
The ESPN.com site has become worse since the recent redesign in one respect. I use for my browser Firefox 1.5, and one of the main reasons is that I enjoy being able to right-click on links and open them in a new tab. On the present incarnation of the site, I can do that with many stories, for instance, any of the headlines or the titles for four featured columnists--Wojciechowski, Forde, Jackson, or Simmons. However, several stories are in a "Spotlight" Flash player that allows, when right-clicking, only the options, "Open," "Open in New Window," and "Copy Link." This definitely makes the site redesign less user-friendly than if the full Firefox functionality were present for all stories on the page. If you wish to reply, my e-mail address is steve.ely[ at ]gmail.com.
Let's see if there's a response or a change.

Edit, August 17, 2006: I went in and broke my e-mail address in the excerpted message. Belated anti-spam measure and all that, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home