Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Of Margins and Timeliness

I somehow just noticed: that is a whole lot of white space on either side of the actual content, isn't it? Do I really need that much? Do people reading this? It seems like a bit much.

Also, I wanted to make a make a little clarification up in the title box that seemed like a clever and pithy comment about how slow I am to get around to doing stuff, relevantly writing and posting here. Provoked by John's waiting for the sure-to-disappoint Paul Newman post, I put into the blog description, "Timely I'm not."

However, it too much brings to mind the corny joke I used to make when driving past this business called the Timely Finance Company—"Look, it's my cousin Tim's finance company!" I read the top of the page here a minute ago and couldn't help finishing it, "Just so we're clear...Timely I'm not; Steveely I am." Wocka Wocka! ....And here comes Kermit to introduce the next act...

1 Comments:

Anonymous tikitu said...

As I understand it, the point of the margins is the width of the text block -- we're supposed to read short lines easier, keep track of our position in long paragraphs better, etc. It's a shame monitors are short-and-wide, good for movies but bad for text.

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home