Thursday, July 21, 2005

Blogspot Trickery

Why is it that about half the time when I change something on this blog--add a new post, add a link to the list on the right, or change the description lines under the blog title--the change doesn't immediately seem to take effect even though Blogger tells me that my blog published successfully?

That's frustrating. This is baffling: The URL http://elyclarifies.blogspot.com doesn't reflect the changes, but the URL http://www.elyclarifies.blogspot.com does. What's behind that? I obviously am no web genius or I'd have a much more sophisticated site. So there could be some relatively simple explanation that still I wouldn't get. But relatively simple or ridiculously obscure, I have no idea what the explanation is.

Now I'm gonna hit post and see how long it takes for this to show up in the first URL.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ripsy said...

Just remember that a lot of people are on blogger. The changes occur they just take a moment.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Steve Ely said...

The part that I still don't get, though, is that, even now, an hour and a half after I last updated, if I look at the site in one tab with www in the URL and in another tab without www in the URL, the former shows tonight's updates, while the latter shows only Tuesday's.

But at least other people are seeing the changes. It's still a mystery to me, but one I can live with.

2:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home