Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Umar Hassan Ahmad al-Bashir

It's another name to add to the list of genuine villians.

It came to my attention today that, though I had thought I was following the Darfur story, I didn't even know the actual name of the head of state of Sudan.

It's Umar Hasan Ahmad al-Bashir, and he's a very, very bad guy. For a few striking paragraphs, see here. For a longer, yet concise, summary of the terrible situation in Darfur, see here. For still more, see the links in my previous post and certainly also this.

A British guy I had some conversations with last year said he thought George W. Bush was the most dangerous person in the world today. I was thinking someone more like Kim Jong-Il, but Bashir looks to me as if he deserves some consideration. I wonder how many places after President Bush my British friend would rank him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home