Sunday, May 22, 2005

You Should Never Have Come to Naboo, Dooku!

I finally broke down and saw Revenge of the Sith last night. I manage to agree with both those who heap upon it viscious criticism and those who enjoyed it perfectly well.

The one reaction I had that I'm sure wasn't unique to me but which I haven't seen elsewhere yet was at the end when Yoda and Obi-Wan have decided Kenobi'll take baby Luke to Tatooine and keep an eye on him. After the way Hayden Christensen found his way to Endor on the DVD release of Return of the Jedi, Yoda's news for Obi-Wan that he's gonna teach him how to commune with the dead with a reference to his old friend or master or whatever and Obi-Wan's reaction of "Qui-Gon?" one thing seems inevitable: Liam Neeson showing up digitally in 1977 Tunisia in the next DVD release of the original film and having awkward conversations with Alec Guiness.


(The post title, incidentally, is taken from the Podhoretz review. Just try saying it out loud wthout laughing. ["without laughing" edited in next day. Shoulda been there before.])

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home